Grants for Educators
The deadline for the educational grant is April 5, 2019.
The Minneapolis - St Paul Post of the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME-MSP Post) annually offers educational grants for up to $3,000.00 for elementary and secondary schools. A fundamental goal of SAME is … To promote an understanding of, and appreciation for, the engineering related disciplines and to help the young people in our communities be better prepared to become our future engineers …
The SAME-MSP Post requests applications from schools and classroom teachers who are committed in supporting the math and sciences that support future engineering-related career opportunities. We are encouraging all grade levels to participate.
Applications for these grants will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Creativity and quality of proposed project
- Demonstrated demand or need for the project
- Support of the Minnesota or Wisconsin math and/or science academic standards
Elementary and secondary teachers / schools that are promoting the math and sciences with the 100-mile radius are encourage to apply.
Complete information on the application process is available in the following information packets:
A summary of past award recipients and an overview of their projects is listed in this document:
The deadline for scholarship application is April 5, 2019.
The application period is now open for students to apply for one of the three $1,500 scholarships the Post has available. Application packets are available for downloading at the links below. Applications must be postmarked by Friday, April 5th, 2019.
Annually, the SAME Minneapolis‑Saint Paul Post will be granting three scholarships. Currently, two (2) one-time $1500.00 scholarships are awarded, and one (1) $1500.00 multi-year scholarship is awarded ($6000.00 max). The application period is typically during the months of February and March, with the packet being due for submission in the first week of April. An application packet is available for downloading at the links below.
If you know someone who is deserving of a scholarship, please urge the young person to apply for one the Post’s scholarships. Applicants are rated in a number of areas including academics, school activities, and community activities. High school seniors and post-secondary students are eligible if they are either:
- Children, grandchildren, or siblings, of members of the Minneapolis-Saint Paul Post. Sponsoring members must be a SAME Minneapolis-Saint Paul Post member for the current year and have been a member of the Post for a minimum of at least one year prior to the current year.
- Student Members of the SAME Minneapolis-Saint Paul Post who will be registered as full-time post-secondary students in the fall of the year of selection. Applicants under this category must be registered through SAME as a Student Member; student memberships are free for full-time undergraduates at an accredited college or university, or high school students.
Applicants must be registered as full-time post-secondary students in the fall of the year of selection and be majoring in an accredited engineering, science, math, or technology-related field and/or disciplines that will specifically support these fields of study.
A committee of Post members evaluates the applications. All applications are kept confidential, and only the winners are announced. For additional information, please contact at Erin.E.Krug@usace.army.mil or 651.290.5576. Scholarship Application Packages can be downloaded from the following links.